The Mayfield Clinic has long been recognized for its commitment to the people who work here. Mayfield challenges associates to exceed the expectations of the patients and referring physicians we serve, and empowers them with the resources to do so.
The Mayfield Experience
Mayfield seeks the brightest and most qualified individual for each position it fills. Associates are challenged to continuously improve services and processes in which they are involved. Our physicians are some of the most respected specialists in their fields, and they demand excellence on a daily basis. The successful associate is motivated by this drive, and is rewarded for demonstrated quality, commitment to excellence, follow through, and teamwork. Each associate must commit to the mission and core values of the Mayfield Clinic.
What you can expect from Mayfield
Our associates enjoy pleasant work environments and flexible work schedules, competitive salaries and benefits, robust profit sharing/401k retirement planning. Mayfield provides recognition and rewards programs, associate activities and honors programs, and generous holiday/vacation schedules. Mayfield conducts associate satisfaction surveys every 3-5 years and employs action teams to respond to any issues or problems identified during this process.
Reports To: Donna Bollinger, VP Operations
- Help develop and maintain a corporate culture that supports the mission and values of Mayfield Clinic.
- Schedule hospital admissions and surgeries and serve as a liaison between the physician and patient.
- Handle all internal communications in an efficient, professional, and courteous manner.
- Act as a liaison between the physician and the patient by providing the patient with instruction from the physician, advising the physician of the patient's needs, and assuring that the physician is available to the patient whenever necessary, in person or by telephone.
- Document all patient interaction promptly and thoroughly into the patient's medical record. Maintain the internal order and arrangement of the patient medical record including a record of phone calls, changes in prescriptions, etc.
- Schedule and process hospital admission and surgery requests. Obtain insurance authorizations.
- Type or oversee the transcription of all dictation and correspondence ensuring that all physician dictation is processed in a timely manner.
- Complete and/or compose insurance forms, attorney letters, disability forms or other documents requested by the patient within 3 -5 business days.
- Report the physician's hospital charges to the Hospital Services Department.
- Open, organize and distribute mail.
- Maintain the filing of reports within the medical record.
- Utilize Mayfield technology by checking email daily and using Channel M information.
- Provide administrative support to physician with regard to academic activity.
- Assist patients, when appropriate, with family housing, maps, travel arrangements, etc.
- Provide secretarial support to other healthcare professionals that are a part of the work unit (e.g. nurse clinicians, residents).
- Perform other duties relevant to the position or as assigned.
- High School graduate with administrative assistant and/or medical secretarial training.
- Minimum 2 years experience in an administrative assistant and/or medical secretary role preferred.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks
- Computer proficient
- Strong interpersonal skills; capable of dealing with people of different temperaments, educational backgrounds, and mental and physical abilities
- Exceptional Problem solving skills
- Desire and ability to work in a team environment
Qualified candidates should send their resume to email@example.com, fax to 513-569-5279 or mail to the HR Department, 3825 Edwards Road - Suite 300, Cincinnati, OH 45209. Please indicate that you are applying for the Medical Secretary for Dr. Tobler position.