Qualified candidates should send their resume/letter of interest to:
Mayfield Clinic, HR Department
506 Oak Street
Cincinnati, OH 45219
Position: Initial Care Assistant
Location: Oak Street
Reports To: Beth O'Connell, Manager, Initial Care & Care Coordination
- Help develop and maintain a corporate culture that supports the mission and values of Mayfield Clinic.
- Provide front line key customer support by answering the main telephone line and directing patients, physicians, co-workers and other callers to the most appropriate resource.
- Answer all incoming calls through the main switchboard within one to two rings.
- Demonstrate a caring, friendly and helpful demeanor with all callers.
- Make appropriate phone transfers to ensure that all callers reach the correct person.
- Answer all calls with the correct greeting, being polite and professional.
- Study and be familiar with all departments and individuals in the organization to help ensure an accurate transfer of calls.
- Retrieve and document all phones messages from the answering service for night messages and the voice mail system throughout the day.
- Provide support to the Priority Consult system.
- Create and send 'Waiting for Films' letters to PC patients as assigned by the Care Coordinators.
- Update the physician’s office schedules weekly on Channel M
- Notify Information Systems of permanent changes to the physicians’ master templates.
- Prepare new patient packets for use by Initial Care Specialists.
- Pre-stuff all Priority Consult packets with patient education materials.
- Keep supply of history forms, bio sheets and maps up-to-date and stocked.
- Stuff all mail and run through meter machine daily.
- Scan all medical information received via fax into the EMR
- Notify clinical office staff to check in reports received and scanned into system.
- Scan all HIPAA Acknowledgment forms into the U drive for permanent storage.
- Monitor reschedule queue in appointment scheduling system to ensure all patients have been given new appointments.
- Communicate list of patients to the appropriate clinical office.
- Contribute to team effort by performing other duties as assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma
- Experience: Experience with direct customer service preferred
- Computer experience preferred
- Great communication and listening skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Exceptional problem solving and decision making skills
- Desire and ability to work in a team environment
Qualified candidates should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to 513-569-5279 or mail to the HR Department, 506 Oak Street, Cincinnati, OH 45219. Please indicate that you are applying for the Initial Care Assistant email@example.com