Becky Gubser, left, and Jody Birch help lead the stewardship effort at the Mayfield Clinic Spine Surgery Center.
community ::: Mayfield Green Team
The Mayfield Clinic launched its Green Team in 2007 in an effort to integrate recycling and conservation efforts into corporate life. Volunteer stewardship leaders are working to coordinate and further develop multiple initiatives at Mayfield locations throughout the Greater Cincinnati area. Chairing the Green Team is Philip Theodosopoulos, MD, a Mayfield Clinic neurosurgeon.
- Recycling of aluminum cans, plastic bottles, newspaper, paperboard, corrugated cardboard, and office paper that does not contain patient health information; at Mayfield, all paper with patient health information is shredded
- Recycling of ink/toner cartridges and small batteries
- Replacement of existing incandescent light bulbs with compact fluorescent bulbs
- Energy conservation as it relates to personal computers, photocopiers, and appliances
- Recycling/proper disposal of outdated computer equipment and electronic equipment
- Adoption of small neighborhood traffic island through Keep Cincinnati Beautiful
- Purchase of rainforest acreage through the World Land Trust
- Participation in the Hamilton County Go Green Challenge
Energy conservation (.pdf)